Support Coordination, Advocacy and Information for People with Disabilities
Complex made easy
Talk to us about the support and advocacy we can help with
PATH was established by the parents of children with disabilities in 1981 as a community-based information and advocacy service to people with disabilities and their families and carers.
PATH is funded by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice.
What does PATH do?
PATH is primarily a support, information and advocacy service to people:
- with any disability
- of any age
- with any issue of concern to you
- living in the Nepean, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and Blacktown areas
PATH also supports the carers, families and friends of people with disability.
Why? PATH recognises the special role and needs of those who care for others.
PATH also now provides Support Co-ordination to Plan and Self-Managed NDIS participants. We are transitioning to be a fully registered NDIS provider.
Support Coordination should be about assisting you to understand the NDIS first and foremost.
Making the NDIS as straight forward as possible.
Our passion is to see that your journey with the NDIS is as seamless as possible.
We do that by linking you with the type of providers that really hit the mark in helping you meet your goals!
If that means mixing it up a bit and being creative with how we get there, then we will do just that!
We will not take a cookie-cutter approach to the NDIS, this is about you, your life, your goals.
WHAT IS SUPPORT COORDINATION?
Support Coordination is an NDIS funded support that is designed to support participants to make the most of their NDIS Funds.
Once a plan has been approved, participants work with support coordinators to determine how their funds will be spent and to connect with providers.
AT ITS BEST, SUPPORT COORDINATION IS ABOUT:
- Chat – about what is possible with a person’s NDIS funds
- Building capacity to exercise choice and control
- Supporting participants to navigate the NDIS marketplace and find providers that are the best option for them
Our SUPPORT COORDINATION staff are local people, with Advocacy backgrounds,who know their regions and who are highly skilled at sourcing a diverse range of supports therapeutic services and mainstream supports.
If you have
in your plan and would like to access an experienced team of Support Coordinators that know all the local providers and services, then
Once you have your NDIS plan you can
who will provide all the help you need when it comes to sourcing and connecting with the right people/organisations that cater for your requirements.
Support Coordination tasks
- Help you implement and continue to access supports under your NDIS plan:
- Meet with you either face to face or online/by phone to do an intake meeting. This is where we can talk about your plan goals and the supports you want to access as part of your NDIS plan.
- We also do a support coordination service agreement with you.
- Provide support to you to build your capacity to navigate the NDIS.